You know that your thoughts and your feelings/emotions determine the level of your energy vibration. So the better you feel, and the more positive and uplifting your thoughts are, the higher your vibration, which means that you will attract more to feel good about. The opposite is also true – when you don’t feel good and your thoughts are based in fear, anxiety, guilt, etc., the lower your vibration is, which means you’ll attract people and situations with a similar vibration.
Obviously then, it’s important to take care of your vibration, by taking care of your energy, your feelings, and your thoughts – which is what these weekly tips are all about. This can be challenging for anybody, but it can be particularly challenging for empaths because how do you know what’s yours and what you’ve picked up from someone else?
Without awareness, an empath can take on the physical pain and emotions of other individuals. When this happens, it seems as though the pain and emotions are your own. It can cause a great deal of confusion and frustration when you attempt to release it, because to truly let it go, you have to recognize that it’s not yours. As an empath, you need to be aware of this whenever you are around other people – particularly large groups of people.
But there’s another source of pain and emotions that empaths are vulnerable to that’s not often mentioned – and that is the collective consciousness. Empaths can pick up and be impacted by the energies of the collective consciousness, just as they do with an individual, but it can be even stronger and more difficult to recognize and release.
It’s hard not to be impacted and feel sad and upset by the traumatic events that happen in the world. From natural disasters to wars and shootings, there’s a lot to feel sad about. However, for an empath the feelings are much deeper and stronger. You can be so deeply affected by these events that it becomes difficult to function.
Once again, it’s important to recognize what’s happening. When you notice that you feel this way and it becomes very difficult for you to let it go, it’s important to find strategies to help you, so you don’t remain stuck in a downward spiral of negative emotion, and even physical pain. Here are some strategies that can help:
- First, ask yourself if what you’re feeling is yours, someone else’s, or due to world events (collective consciousness). If you felt good before you encountered a certain person or group of people, or heard some traumatic news, it’s most likely the discomfort you’re feeling is coming from someone/somewhere else. This awareness is very helpful.
- Go outside. Being in nature is one of the most grounding things you can do. Going for a walk outside, or simply being out in nature is very therapeutic. Particularly if you are around trees and/or water.
- Go for an energy treatment. Whether it’s Reiki, Pranic Healing, Sound Healing, Breathwork, or some other energy modality, or a simple massage, this can do a lot to re-balance your energy.
- Exercise. If you have a favorite form of exercise, it can be very helpful for releasing unwanted energy and re-balancing/re-grounding yourself.
- Immerse yourself in water. Have an Epsom salt bath, to which you may want to add some calming therapeutic essential oils, such as lavender.
- Write about it. Writing can be extremely therapeutic, and is a great way to release any stressful thoughts. Putting them down on paper helps to release these thoughts and emotions from your body.
- Prayer and Meditation are also very helpful for calming your mind and body and surrendering what you’re feeling.
- Talk about it. Sometimes just talking about what you’re feeling with someone who will simply listen can be just what you need. Perhaps you just need to vent and let out your frustration. Don’t let it turn into a pity party though. The purpose is to release what you’re feeling, rather than holding onto it.
These are some ideas for maintaining your energy balance. If you have any other favorite techniques, I’d love to hear them.
Action Step: Next time you find yourself suddenly being taken over by strong emotions, identify what’s yours and what isn’t so you can more effectively release and move on.
This affirmation will also help:
“I am now willing to release and clear all negativity and stress from my body.”