What are you tolerating? The inspiration for this week’s Unstoppable Energy Tip comes from a quote I saw recently on Facebook:
“Be careful what you tolerate, you are teaching people how to treat you.”
I know from experience that this is true. If you tolerate poor treatment, then that’s what you’ll continue to get. You may not realize that’s what you’re doing, but here are just a few examples of how we teach people how to treat us:
- When people ask you your preference on something and you always say “I don’t mind,” people will learn to stop asking you.
- When you put everyone else before yourself, you’re saying that your needs are not important, so other people will put you last as well.
- When you help others but never ask for help for yourself, people will assume you don’t want or need help.
- If you frequently say yes, when you really want to say no, people will keep asking you to do things you don’t really want to do, and expecting you to do them.
- If you never take time for yourself, people will assume that you don’t need it.
We really do teach people how to treat us, by the things we do and say (or don’t do and say) every day.
Check in with yourself to see what you might be tolerating and think about how you can start teaching yourself (and others) to treat you the way you want to be treated.
Repeat this affirmation:
I release the need to tolerate anything that doesn’t feel good and I am now willing to make myself a priority and to treat myself with the love and respect I deserve.
Don’t settle for anything less than the best.
P.S. If your level of tolerance is reaching breaking point and you feel powerless, exhausted and overwhelmed, enroll in the Emotional Relief Master Class where for less than $30, and in less than an hour, you will learn what to do so you never feel that way again. Click on the button below to find out more.