It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and anxious with all that’s going on all over the world, but there’s a lot you can do to help yourself and those around you right now. Here are some suggestions:
- Accept the unknown – things are changing daily right now. Nobody knows what’s going to happen next, or how long these challenges are going to last. The only thing you can do is take things day by day. You cannot know the future, and there’s no point in holding onto the past. The only thing to do is focus on each day, and each moment, which is living with presence.
- Take care of yourself – people are being forced now to consider the health of their immune system so they don’t get sick. This is something you want to do anyway. Every day ask yourself what you can do to take care of yourself.
- Look for what’s good – there comes a point when you have to switch off the news because it can take you into a downward spiral that’s difficult to come out of. Yes, you want to be informed, but focusing only on the bad news is detrimental to your health (and sanity). It may seem as though there is no good news to be had right now – but if you look for it, it’s there. Communities are coming together to help each other, groups are being setup online to keep people informed about what assistance is available, where they can buy the things they need, and where they can ask for help. Look for these groups in your area.
- Look for community – even if you live alone and you have to self-isolate, you can still find community online. You can talk to people via video chat, or by phone. There’s no need to feel lonely. Even if you’re an introvert, you still want to talk to someone from time-to-time.
- De-clutter – if you have to work from home and/or spend more time at home it’s a wonderful opportunity to do some de-cluttering. One of the best things you can do for yourself energetically is to remove items that you no longer need, use, want or love. Last weekend I took 5 boxes of stuff to Goodwill – it felt really good to let go of all that stuff. I really felt the weight of it.
Learn something – now is the perfect time to learn something new. You can take online courses for just about anything you want to do. What’s something you’ve been putting off that you’ve always wanted to do? You could learn how to play piano, or learn a new language – or you could take one of my courses – like learning how to improve the energy of your home with the Feng Shui Success Course, or learning how to change your energy so you become unstoppable. You can check out these courses by CLICKING HERE.
- Stay fit – if you have more time at home you can dig out those workout DVD’s you haven’t looked at for years, or you can find some online fitness classes and follow along. You don’t have to go to the gym to do this.
- Volunteer – one of the best things for helping with anxiety is to find ways to help others. For example, Meals on Wheels have been looking for extra help with delivering meals, and animal shelters have been looking for more people to foster animals since they are spending more time at home.
These are just some of the things you can do. Things are changing. We might not be able to stop what’s happening right now, but what we can do is change how we respond to it. We can empower ourselves to step up to the new challenges. When you take care of your energy, raise your vibration and stay grounded, you will come through this and feel stronger and better than before.
If you have questions or particular challenges let me know. I’m here for you.