If you’re tired of holding yourself back and would love to stop, you first have to recognize what’s going on – Dr. Phil always says you can’t change what you don’t acknowledge. So you can really only stop holding yourself back if you’re aware that you’re doing it and how you do it. It could be any of the following:
- You do what other people expect you to do, rather than what you really want to do.
- You try to please everybody.
- Your expectations and standards for yourself are unrealistically high and you feel that nothing you ever do is or could be good enough.
- You don’t take care of yourself.
- You don’t know what you really want.
- You’re not in alignment with what you really want.
- You constantly criticize yourself.
- You’re afraid of failing.
- You Compare yourself to others.
Once you are aware of how and when you tend to hold yourself back, you can change it. I don’t think you always have to know the reason why you’re holding yourself back. There can be many reasons why. I think the most important thing is to identify what you’re doing and how, and then be WILLING to change it. Even if you don’t know how to change it, being willing is the first step.
Action Step: Identify any ways and situations where you are holding yourself back and ask yourself if you’re ready and willing to stop.
This affirmation will help:
I am now ready and willing to release anything that is holding me back in any way from living the life I truly want and deserve.