An Inspiring Conversation with Lynn Whitbeck
Business Owners hire Lynn to ignite winning sales teams, because most are chasing down clients, stuck in a chaotic sales cycle, and lacking client retention, conversions, and profits. So, she helps transform thinking to the client’s perspective, end sales chaos with a robust strategic plan to harvest the hidden profits. Bottomline, Lynn will ignite your sales and unleash lasting profits.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Lynn for my Inspiring Conversations Livestream series and this is a summary of our conversation.
Lynn has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the art of sales, and although it will benefit any business owner, our conversation is particularly focused on women who are in sales.
Here are a few key take-aways from our discussion. Watch the full interview to hear more from Lynn:
- Sales professionals are there to serve and guide and provide that solution.
- It’s not sales, it’s a partnership.
Start with the client:
- What is the client thinking?
- What do they want, need or lack?
- Why does that matter to them?
- How’s it going to benefit them?
- What’s the problem it’s going to allow them to solve?
- What is your solution going to enable them to do (outcome)?
- What does that future look like, so they can…..?
- How does what I do fit what they want, need or lack?
- How do I address the problem or concern, and provide them with the solution?
- Re-frame what you do and how you do it into your client’s language.
- If they are not a good fit for you, perhaps they could become a referral partner, someone who would promote you and your service, or even a friend.
- It’s not about you, it’s about your client.
- Sales is easier for most women to do because we are socialized to be givers and supporters, and to be helpful.
- Spend time learning about your client, what matters to them and what they want to achieve/accomplish.
- Spending time building the relationship with a potential client makes it easier for them to make the decision to work with you.
- The most important investment someone can make is figuring out their sales strategy.
The 4 foundational pillars of sales:
- Think like your client
- Know your client avatar/market
- Create an excellent client journey
- Focus on building a relationship
- The principles of sales are: building rapport, and value of relationship
- A warm referral is a personal, or direct introduction
- If you treat your clients right they will be waiting for you to ask them for a referral
- Make it easy for them to refer people to you
- Plan for referrals in your sales process and in your relationships
- There is great value in regular client reviews to stay in touch and be available to help them with their future needs.
- Always make it easy for people to connect with you
- After a networking event, NEVER bombard people you’ve just met with information on what you do and ask them to schedule a meeting with you.